Hey, ladies. Make time for you!
If you’re like Food Network Star and Gather Executive Chef Jyll Everman, you have kids, a husband, and a lot going on. As much as you would love a night out, a couple of things are holding you back. You’re not excited about sitting at a bar. You get up early, so late nights just don’t work. You want to get together with friends and do something you’ll really enjoy. We get it!
Beginning with the New Year, Gather on Broadway created a series of events meant just for women who yearn for a mid-week break. Women: Make Time for YOU! are guilt-free nights for ladies to spend time with their friends, have fun, and be home by 8 p.m. It’s a time to laugh, eat, drink and experience new things. (By the way, guys are welcome, too.)
Chef Jyll created this series for ladies like herself. Women: Make Time for YOU! helps you recharge your batteries by spending a great night out with friends. Each event features Chef Jyll’s amazing menus for dinner, desserts, or appetizers. Lest we forget, cocktails, too!
The first event of the series was Yoga with Puppies. Let me tell you, exercise has never been so darn fun! The furry bundles of energy from Lucky 7 Dog Rescue were such a delight. We’ll be scheduling additional Yoga with Puppies events with Lucky 7, but be advised that these classes sell out quickly.
Schedule of past events:
Do you have ideas for Women: Make Time for YOU! events you’d like us to offer? Let us know! Here are the events we held in February and March:
- Wednesday, Feb. 6: Sex and the City Trivia Night; cosmos, snacks and prizes
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 (rescheduled from the frigidly cold Jan. 30): The Right of Safety; dinner, seminar and discussion
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 Organize Your Life; tips from Lisa Van Remortel to de-clutter your life. Dinner included.
- Wednesday, March 13 Wine + Chocolate Night; pairing of assorted chocolates and wines. Appetizers included.
- Wednesday, March 27. Yoga with Puppies; no explanation necessary